Great news for Moonoia and docBrain, its revolutionary deep neural network-based technology for handwriting recognition and classification of documents.
On November 23rd, Document Manager magazine organized the 11th edition of Document Manager Awards, one of the biggest social events in the Information Management industry, showcasing and rewarding the best products, companies and projects in the sector.
Our success project - "Processing Medical Claims with Artificial Intelligence" - was a finalist in the Public projects category and we are delighted and proud that the jury awarded us the prize for the Project of the Year.
About the project:
Moonoia extracts physicians' handwriting from millions of medical claim forms with unprecedented accuracy, enhancing the operational efficiency of Partena Group, one of Belgium's largest health insurance funds, thus ensuring faster reimbursement and better customer service for millions of citizens.
The award represents a significant achievement for Moonoia and docBrain especially because the project is the first to deploy deep neural network technologies at such a large scale and with such impressive results.
Creating, training and upscaling the business capabilities of deep learning neural networks has been a collaborative effort shared between Moonoia (project initiator, supplier of technological solutions, process outsourcing services and professional services), Partena Group (end user) and Manufast (validation services provider). All those involved deserve a big thank you, as the results positively impacted all three organizations by achieving the following outcomes:
- 80% reduction of manually-handled operations. A true step forward towards straight-through processing.
- 7.7 million documents successfully processed in the first year
- Higher-value everyday tasks for operators
- Significantly shorter turnaround times
- Unprecedented ROI (outstanding recognition and automatic classification helped reduce other costs associated with rework)
- Seamless integration with in-house Electronic Document and Content Management (EDM, ERP) systems ensured low implementation costs
- Better monitoring and reporting brought stability, predictability and process intelligence across departments and across companies
- Customer satisfaction at Partena Group has shown a steady, positive trend since the solution was implemented
Interested to know more about how Artificial Intelligence can augment your document-centric processes? Contact us to schedule your own workshop, request a demo or speak with the team members who made this project happen.